peter.bardazzi[at]gmail.com - 917.623.9349 -
- Instagram: bardazzipeter
- Yale University - M.F.A. Master’s Degree in Fine
Art, New Haven Conn
- Pratt Institute - B.F.A. Bachelor’s Degree in
Studio Art majoring in Painting, Brooklyn NY
Space. Beyond Studios Gallery, Bushwick Brooklyn. 2017
History Exhibition AIB/BOS 2015, Storefront Ten Eyck Gallery, 2015
- Group Exhibition Brooklyn Fire Proof Gallery in
collaboration with Exchange
Rate Expo 2014
Open Studios Exhibition- 2014 Bushwick Brooklyn
- Handmade: Artists' Holiday Cards from the Archives
of American Art, The Morgan Library & Museum of Art, NY, 2014
Group Exhibition, Storefront Ten Eyck Gallery, Bushwick NYC 2014
Design Exhibition, The Fashion Institute of Technology, NYC.
BOS", Paintings, performance, and installations at the Bobby Redd
Project Space. Bushwick Brooklyn
New York. June 2012
Cards from 20th-Century Artists, Smithsonian American Art Museum
- SkyLight Gallery Group Show. Paintings. New York NY,
Century Museum of Contemporary Art, Kanazawa, Japan. ART-ZINE
group exibition of Art-Zines and Art Books, 2011
- Winter Wonderland: Group Exhibition, Smithsonian
Institute of American Art, Washington DC 2011
Gallery, group show - paintings, Long Island City New York. 2009
of a Lifetime - group exhibition, Neuberger Museum of Art,
Purchase NY, 2006
- Scents: Locks: Kisses,
Museum of Art. Digital Printmaking Now. Group
- International Image Exchange group show. La
Villette Museum and Center for Science and Industry, Paris
& Ekstrom Gallery NYC, New York. Group show. 1990
- Large Scale Works: Drawings, Prints, Photographs,
Sculpture and Painting from the, Addison
Gallery of American Art, 1988
Sofia Art Center, Madrid, Spain. Animation Video Theatre. Animation group
- Art Basel 1986, Basel Art Fair, Basel Switzerland
Chase Manhattan Bank Art Collection, "Art at Work" 1981
Acquisitions from the Collection Show
- Map Art.
Group show of Map Collages. Wellen Belgium. 1981
& Ekstrom Gallery, N.Y group show 1978
& Ekstrom Gallery, N.Y group show 1976
& Ekstrom Gallery, N.Y group show 1975
& Ekstrom Gallery, N.Y group show 1974
- Cordier & Ekstrom Gallery, N.Y group show 1973
Art Gallery, University of North Carolina, "Art on Paper" 1973
Castelli Gallery. Drawings.
Group show New York. 1972
- Indianapolis Museum of Art. Painting
and Sculpture Today 1972
- Cordier & Ekstrom Gallery, N.Y group show 1972
- Whitney Museum of American
Whitney Museum of American Art, 1972
& Ekstrom Gallery, N.Y group show 1971
- Whitney Museum of American Art. Human
Concern – Personal Torment. 1969.
- Alpha Gallery, Boston, New Talent Show,. 1968
- New Talent, New Britain Museum of Art 1968
- BOS 2015, Bushwick Open Studio Exhibition, Brooklyn
- BOS 2015, Bushwick Open Studio Exhibition, Brooklyn
Gallery, Chelsea New York NY. Solo
& Ekstrom Gallery, N.Y one-person show 1978
- Cordier & Ekstrom Gallery, N.Y one-person show
- Cordier & Ekstrom Gallery, N.Y one-person show
& Ekstrom Gallery, N.Y one-person show 1972
- M.F.A. Thesis Exhibition, Yale University, New Haven
Projects and Screenings
- The Library of Congress, American Folk Life Center,
"Satan's Children" audio documentary. 2008
- Stories. “Sargent Frank Desiderio - Satan’s
Children" documentary showed WNET.TV. 2007
if You Know What I Did Last Friday the 13th.
Executive producer for visual effects. Lions Gate Films.
International distribution. 2000
York Hall of Science. Bagels & Blockbusters. Interactive
Special Effects Installation, Videos and Lecture. 1999
- Three Immersive
Interactive Multimedia Drama Environments. New York University, 1994
True Hollywood Story;
Richard Gere Special. Richard Gere Documentary, special
appearance and interview. E-Entertainment-TV Network. 2003
- USA -TV Network, Jennifer’s in Jail. Visual effects
artist/supervisor. Premiered 1992
- Artists for New York Benefit and Tudor laser show at
Xenon. Curated by Robert Rauschenberg and Leo Castelli 1979
Lectures and Panels
- Artists Talk. Trans-Cen-Der.
Temporary Storage Art Gallery, Bushwick Brooklyn NY 2018
- SIGGRAPH Asia 2013 Hong Kong, Art Committee Juror
Asia 2011 Hong Kong, Art Committee Juror
- SIGGRAPH Boston 2006. Speaker and panel chair "“Art
School or Trade School”.
- Brooklyn Museum of Art, Hollywood Goes
Digital. Screening, panel and lecture. 2001
- DYI Convention, New York. Lectured on independent
digital film making today. 2003
- Independent Film Project, New York. Screened
videos and lectured on Visual Effects: The Desktop Way. 2002
- Art-Science-Robots, Lectured at the symposium on New
Media, New York University 1993
- International Electronic Theatre, Los Angeles, CA –
Transmitted real time local site (New York) art to a live audience
to the International Computer Graphics Conference. 1992
- International Symposium on Animation, Urbino, Italy.
Chaired panel and lectured on computer science and art.
- Painting in the Age of
and one-person show. St. Mary’s College 1975
- New Media and Art Consultant, New York University
2014 to present
- Digital Masters Award
for Digital Production in Entertainment from Silicon Studios/Silicon
- Full Professor in Digital Art and Art, New York
University. 1996 to present
- Artist in Residence/Guest Speaker, St. Mary's
College of Maryland, 1975. Lecture "The Artist and Society"
- American Academy of Arts
& Letters Award, for painting. 1973
- Childe Hassam Fund Purchase. 1973
- Awarded Full Scholarship to Yale University MFA
Program. 1968 – 1970
- Grant from The Federal Work
Study Program to teach at Yale
University’s Undergraduate School of Art.
Interviews and Reviews
- MEET THE EXCEPTIONAL ARTIST
PETER BARDAZZI. Preppy
- AFC’s 2014 Guide to Bushwick Open Studios by PADDY
JOHNSON WHITNEY KIMBALL AND CORINNA KIRSCH on MAY 27, 2014
L Magazine. "Featured Artist: Peter Bardazzi" by Whitney Kimball.
Street Art. WHAT’S NEW IN BUSHWICK: A QUICK STREET ART SURVEY.
June 2012. Huffington
Fag City. Report from Holy BOS:by Whitney Kimball. June 2012.
ARTGYPSY Tales. by Sabrina Y. Smith 2012
"Q and A with Artist Peter Bardazzi on How to Establish Your
Artist Career" by Susan Kendzulak. 2012
- FOX News TV, Mayor’s Office of Film, Theatre and
Broadcasting (MOFTB) proposed rules for issuing permits to
filmmakers on public property. Interviewed by reporter Linda
Schmidt. August 1, 2007
- The San Diego Union-Tribune, Success
of Mexican Directors has Deep Roots. James Hebert, February
- The San Diego Union-Tribune, Eyes on the Prize.
James Hebert, December 2006
New York Times, Burying Private Ryan by David Halbfinger,
- Game Developers Magazine - Gamasutra.com News, Art
School or Trade School. 2006
- CBS-TV News. Terrorism and Internet Images.
Interview. Aug. 2004
- NBC-TV Today Show. The Passion of the Christ.
Interview. March 2004
Spreads to the Web Interview. October 2004
- USA TODAY. The Village a new film by Shyamalan.
Interview, July 2004.
- Associated Press, Master of horror George Romero raising the
dead again. Interview. July 2004
- Dallas Morning News, The Day Reality TV was Born.
Interview. June 2004
- Fox News Channel, The Manchurian Candidate.
Interview. May 2004
- United Press International, Online
Propaganda Warfare. Interview. May 2004
- Investor’s Business Daily, Darkness!
Camera! Action! The films of Akira Kurosawa.
Interview. April 2004.
- Associated Press, Mel Gibson and the Passion of the Christ. Interview
- Los Angeles Times, Count on Johnny Depp to Deliver Eccentricity.
Interview, Aug. 2003
- WOR-TV News. Michael Jackson and the Media.
Interview. November 2003
- FOX-TV News, WTVT-TV, WFLX-TV. Marvel
Comics: Princess Diana becomes Comic Book Character.
- CBS-TV. Charlie’s Angels. Interview. June 2003
- CBS-TV. Hollywood Movies and Teenage
Culture? Interviewed by Dan Rather. June 2003
- CNN TV Business Report. Video
Games. October 2002
- CNN-TV Animation and The Oscars - Shrek and “Monsters Inc.
Interview. March 2002.
- BBC-TV Animated Features at Academy Awards. March
- Los Angeles Times. In Supporting Roles. March 2003
- Chronicle of Higher Education. Peter
Bardazzi - Descent
Into Darkness. April 2001
York Times. When
a Film Needs a Good Buzz. Interview November 2000
- New York Magazine. Field of Dreams: Goes Digital.
- New York Times, reviews of Peter Bardazzi at Cordier
& Ekstrom Gallery and the Whitney Museum of American Art.
1971, 1972, 1974, 1976, 1978
- Art Forum, Art News, Arts Magazine reviews of Peter
Bardazzi’s work 1971- 1979
- Stars on the Joe E Brown Comedy Show, one TV episode
- Art and New Media Consultant, New York University.
2014 - 2018
- Interactive Product Design and Interactive
Production, Computer Graphics Dept. Fashion Institute of Technology,
New York. 2006-present and Lighting for the Still and Moving Image
- Director of New Media Development. New York
University. 2004 to 2006.
- Director and Co-founder of The Center for Advanced
Digital Applications. New York University. 1996 -2004. Wrote the
complete curriculum and designed the studio facility.
- Director and Founder: Master’s Degree Program in
Digital Imaging and Design. New York University 2000- 2005. Wrote
the complete curriculum for the program.
- The Art Institute of Boston MFA mentor program. 2006
- Designed the in-house training curriculum and taught
seminars for George Lucas’s Industrial Light & Magic. 1998
- Master Teacher: Silicon Studios LA, An experimental
education center for entertainment supported by Steven Spielberg,
George Lucas Digital, Sony, and Silicon Graphics, 1995-1996
- Professor of Digital Arts. New York University, 1996
- Adjunct Professor, Computer Graphics, Fashion
Institute of Technology, New York. 1987- 1998
- Adjunct Professor, Digital Animation, and Visual
Effects Effects, Animation Dept., NYU Tisch School of the Arts, Film
& TV 1987-1996
- Curriculum Development Supervisor, Tisch School of
the Arts, New York University, Graduate Film. In digital media
- 2D Digital Animation Instructor, Pratt Institute
Manhattan, New York 1986-1995
- Assistant Instructor, Drawing, Yale University
Undergraduate School of Art, 1969
- Senior Painting Assistant Professor, Pratt
Institute, Brooklyn New York, 1970 - 1972
Modern Art, NY
Neuberger Museum, Purchase, NY
JP Morgan Chase Art Collection
Corcoran Gallery, Washington DC
Amstar Corporation, NY
Addison Gallery of American Art, Phillips Academy,
De Warande Dienst Tentoonstellingen,
Yale University Library Visual Resource Center
Armand Deutsch, Beverly Hills, CA
Artco International, Geneva, Switzerland
Byron Gallery Estate
Ekstrom & Ekstrom, Gallery, NY
Smithsonian Museum of American Art, Washington
Elder Art Gallery, Wesleyan University
French & Company,
Henry Markus, Chicago, IL
Jan von Haeften, Hamburg, Germany
Kutztown State College,
Roy Neuberger Estate Collection, NY
Sandra Payson Collection, NY
Leo Castelli Collection
Singer Corporation, NY
Weatherspoon Art Museum, U.N.C
Francoise Marquet, Paris, France
Richard Daniel, Roxbury CT
Willi Smith Fashion
Dillard Paper Collection